Monday, July 30, 2012


Hey everyone!

    So im back in eagle river in the Bear Mountain ward. So in presidents email to me last week President Beesley told me that hes afraid theres not enough work to do here and that my assignment is to prove him wrong on that. So this might be a long and interesting transfer or two haha, but hopefully we can get the work here moving along pretty good by the time one of us leaves the area. My companion Elder Merrell is from Barstow(hopefully I spelled that right) California,  hes been out on his mission a transfer less than me, and he has served in a few areas in Anchorage and he was in Fairbanks too. Hes fun and a good missionary, hes super smart, he graduated high school when he was 16(he was right before the cut off date for school so he was super young to start off and was supposed to graduate when he was 17,so he just graduated a year early) and did 3 years of college before he came out. So for my apartment, I live in the basement of a member, we have cement floors, a shower that somehow leaks water through the wall into our closet, and this morning I went to pick out a tie and stepped in a puddle of water and got my sock all wet haha. The apartment and the area has been neglected.   Hopefully we can get the work up to speed to what elder Coombs and Savaiinaea had it at, on the progress records each week there were gradually less and less things reported on each sheet and the last one that missionaries left they had 4 lessons for the week. Theres alot of work to do in this area for sure. So I havent met most of our investigators yet, they taught them earlier in the week, I got here on wednesday and they taught him on tuesday, so I dont really have anything to talk to you guys about investigator wise, weve just tried to see a bunch of less actives and attempted to see some potential investigators and only taught 2 investigators. Oh and we taught a members wife this week, one that we were meeting with when I was in the area last, shes awesome and comes to church every week.  But this week should be good, Ill actually get to meet our investigators and get things rolling hopefully.

   It was awesome getting mail! I got that package from you guys, thank you so much! it was waiting in the apartment for me, along with a letter from you guys and I got one from Janessa too! And I texted president Beesley to ask if I could see Braedon and Virginia for lunch or just to say hi some time today but he hasnt texted back, it would be awesome if president lets me see them sometime while theyre here. (Ashton's older brother, Braedon and his wife, Virginia are in Anchorage this week.  They are up visiting Virginias only sister who lives up there with her family)

   Well, nothing too exciting in my life lately, the plane ride up from Ketchikan was pretty fun I guess, I had a whole row to myself the whole time so that was sweet. And I took one of the nicer fishing poles from the Ketchikan apartment since there were like 4 more :), so all I need now is a reel and fishing line for it and Im good to go. I found out that my investigator Eric from meadow creek got baptized recently while I was down in Ketchikan, so thats pretty cool, and he leaves to basic training next week. And yea, thats pretty much it, Im glad you guys are having fun in Cayman. It sounds like its been quite the adventure since you got there. Good thing you guys didnt drift out into the middle of the ocean on the boat, I might not have ever seen you again if you did! And the octopus sounded pretty cool too. Anyways, have fun in Cayman for the next couple weeks! And have fun in the sun for me, its pretty cloudy here all the time. Love you guys!

 Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment