Monday, July 9, 2012

beautiful America


Hey everyone!

  So this weeks been pretty good, 4th of July was mostly good. The fireworks here were pretty good, they did them on a barge in the ocean, it was pretty sweet, I took pictures. They had to do them at 11 so it would be dark enough, we got permission from President Beesley to stay out and watch them with some members. The only fireworks that happened on fourth of july were the city ones on the barge, I guess its illegal to light them off in city limits(even though we're in a rainforest)  It was a good fourth of July though, and it didn't rain either which made it even better! And they had a parade but we missed it because we were talking to some people in subway, but I heard it was pretty good and kind of a long one for ketchikan. That's good that you guys had a good 4th, I think it's funny that they made it a law that you can't throw candy anymore. (We ride scooters down University Ave. the night before the 4th of July Parade. In years past, everyone on scooters would throw candy to the people who were camping out for the parade.  This year they banned throwing candy.... too much excitement??)   Did they say why they made the law?
  We met with Matt again this week, he's doing good. We taught him the plan of salvation and he liked it alot and it makes sense to him. We brought one of the tour bus drivers that's an RM with us since he knows matt and it went really well. Then at the end of the lesson we asked him if he wants to be baptized and he said yes, and we got him on date for baptism for July 28th, he said that if he can't on the 28th because of work or something he will be baptized before he leaves Ketchikan. I think the blessing for his knee helped alot, I guess when elder Weber and Terry went over that day they gave him a blessing, he said that he didn't want to be baptized into our religion, I guess the blessing changed his mind (: Hopefully I get to stay and see him and Kodie be baptized. We weren't able to see Kodie this week though, he had to work alot with the 4th of July (which would of been his day off) and everything so that was a bummer. But other than that he's still doing good. And we watched that missionary fireside, it was super good. They read scriptures then after they read them they had some missionaries play songs they wrote on their mission then they read more scriptures then played more songs and did that over and over again for an hour and a half, it was good though. Oh and I went fishing on Monday too, I'm gonna go today too. The place were gonna go to today I guess has bears though, so hopefully I see bears, but from far far away haha, and hopefully they don't steal my fish. I guess they do that alot. Hopefully I'll catch some salmon, oh and I learned how to catch dungeness crabs on the shore so we might try that sometime too before the end of the transfer, they're soo yummy in my tummy. I love the crab and fish here.
  Anyways, sorry this email isn't longer, but I gotta go. I'm glad you guys had such a good week, and hopefully this weeks just as good if not better!  I'll put the pictures in this email too because I remembered to bring my card reader today, yay pictures! Love ya guys!

 Love Elder Roney

 enjoy the pictures, these ones are from the fourth of July and the flight back from Metlakatla, there's more coming









No comments:

Post a Comment