Monday, July 23, 2012


Hey everyone!


   So this week was good, kinda crazy though. Im still in Ketchikan but I fly out tomorrow afternoon. We were all able to go over to Metlakatla, elder Weber and I were only over there friday and saturday, then elder Woratyla and Sonderegger stayed over there friday to monday, they just got back on the ferry about an hour ago. Things were good, on saturday we did a hike up this purple mountain to this lake and did our studies up there. It was awesome! I only read like a page in the Book of Mormon but I got so much out of it! It was a pretty sweet way to do our studies. only one bad thing happened over there though... my camera broke friday night! Ahhhhh, so I wasnt able to get any pictures of the hike or anything on saturday. So Ill probably be buying a new camera today or when Im in my new area. So Im not sure how much I have in my account but if its not enough is there any way I could get some money put into my account for a new camera? or if you want you could send me my black camera so I dont have to buy a new one. Either way. Oh and the RM that came back a month ago or so is going to be moving down to provo, so hes dropping something off for me at the house. Its a glass cup that I dont want to end up breaking on my mission, I got it for christmas from a member. This week was awesome here though, we were able to get tons done with two companionships, we were able to find an indian family (from india not native) and teach them the restoration and theyre super open and interested, theyre legit. With them and a couple other people we found we were able to get 7 new investigators, it was crazy good. We taught Kodie again, I probably told you but hes interested again and wants to be taught and join the church again, and we taught him about receiving answers to our prayers and that God loves us it was good. Then we met with Gabriel and Ashleigh again, and were meeting with them again tonight because they want to see me one last time before I go. Theyll definitely end up being baptized, were gonna ask them tonight if they want to. And we started teaching this girl named Hailey, it was elder Weber and Woratyla that taught her so I dont know much on that one, but they said shes solid. Oh and Matt, we met with him again and answered some questions, but hes still coming along good. Basically elder Weber and Woratyla are gonna have a ridiculous transfer and have a few baptisms haha. So im excited for them and to hear what happens this transfer. Then we went fishing on monday, this last one and the one before and were going today again haha. And the second time we saw a bear! It was like 20 yards away from us, and it came around the corner and surprised us when we were fishing. But luckily when it saw us it turned around and went back! Anyways, thats pretty much the week in a nutshell, pretty crazy and productive week. Ill send pictures I have to you guys. Oh and my new companions name is elder Merrell, and hes gonna be district leader and Im gonna be junior companion :), Anyways, im glad your week was so good and hopefully its just as good if not better! love you guys!

 Love jc Elder Roney

 The pictures are of the place we fish, Ketchikan on a normal day, and a boardwalk in Metlakatla enjoy!
 oh and Ill get some pictures from the other elders of metlakatla

No comments:

Post a Comment