Monday, July 16, 2012

"oh no! he's awake!"


Hey everyone!

 So this one's gonna be short, sorry. I only have, like 20 minutes to get this done, the library closes at 2.   So we got the transfer call, I'm going up to Chugiak and serving in the Bear Mountain ward.  I know what youre thinking, I thought the same thing, I'm going back to the same area that I was in before Ketchikan?  oh my.    So I guess there's something I still need to do there, since I get to only be in that ward and not have to focus my time and attention to two areas.   I'll be able to do some good work hopefully, and I'm whitewashing into it, so it'll be interesting.   And elder Webers lucky and gets to stay in beautiful, wonderful, lovely ketchikan.   The address you should send that package to is the mission office address, just so you know.  But guess what? I get to stay in ketchikan for an extra week, yaay! So while I'm here with Elder Weber, his new comp and an elder that served in metlakatla are gonna be over there for a few days showing his new comp all the info and everything about Metlakatla so they can be more effective when they go over there. Hopefully they'll get to go over there more too. They need it over there.

So we we're able to get in with Matt again this week. We started teaching him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and we taught about faith and it opened up a whole new conversation. It was really good because it got him to talk alot, which is the best, I love when investigators ask lots of questions and talk alot, it makes teaching alot easier. And we're gonna try to meet with him in a day or two. And he wasn't able to make it to church so we have to push his baptism date back a week or so. Oh and we were able to meet with Frank Mather today, he's in town from metlakatla and we were able to get him a new bible. And we're gonna meet up with him for a lesson on Thursday. Then we were able to  meet with Gabriel and his fiance Ashley, some new investigators we picked up the other week. They're still super interested in learning about the gospel and they just seem golden. We taught them more about the book of mormon and they're pretty excited to start reading it. Oh and I'm sitting next to an anti mormon lady right now who tried bashing with me and elder Satini, yay fun... But oh well,   We're gonna try to meet with kodie this week and try to get him to come back, but if he doesn't I guess there's gonna be some happy missionaries in the future who run into him. Sorry I didn't talk more about my other peeps that weve been teaching but I gotsta goes. And I'll get ot your questions next week, sorry again that it's so short! Love you guys! Have fun summer days this week and I hope its sunny nice weather for you guys! oh and guess what? rare week, it's been sunny everyday this week!!! What?!

 Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment