Monday, August 6, 2012

Ernesto


Hey everyone!

  So this week was alright, not too terrible of a week for this area I guess. We went on exchanges on Tuesday, it was good. I was with one of the elders that was in my MTC district, so it was fun to do some work with him in his area. So when we got into the area we didnt have anywhere not in the boonies to do our laundry, and we finally found a place to do our laundry, we were able to do it on wednesday hah, it was sooo nice to get it done. This weeks been crazy for service too, weve done service almost everyday. Weve helped a few people move, weve ripped off the side of a house(in our proselyting clothes...), that service was the most rewarding in an earthly way because after we were done they gave us 5 filets each of copper river red salmon that was caught on the 28th(I love freshly caught salmon, sooo good (: ), and weve chopped lots of wood with some axes(the best way to do it, it makes you feel like a mountain man after a while of chopping it in the middle of the woods haha).  So yea that was most of the week, and the best part of the week was on Friday when I saw Braedon and Virginia.(Braedon & Virginia were in Anchorage visiting Virginias only sister, Stephanie and her family.)   It was fun to see them again. I think its the first time Ive seen him with a beard and a belly haha, it was fun to see them and have lunch with them though. And Ill probably get my package today when we go get mail (: I looove mail. And guess what??? We just got a referral just now! sooo nice, and were gonna meet with her on sunday right after church. Her name is Sierra, so thats gonna be pretty sweet. Things might actually start to move along in this wonderful area of bear mountain haha. And pretty much we just saw a bunch of less actives this week, everyone else wasnt there or wasnt interested, fun stuff right? Its gotta be to survive, oh and were gonna pawn a stereo system that elders in the past rented and didnt return and when we called the renting company they told us that its been out of the system for so long that we can just keep it. haha so were gonna pawn it. (Ashton and Elder Merrill are whitewashing an area that needed new missionaries - obviously)
 
    Thats pretty sweet that you got to play with that dolphin in cayman, I know Brolin said that he loved it and that youre having tropical storms, Avery seems pretty stoked about it haha. Man, what are the chances that you run into one of your old BYU students in cayman? thats pretty sweet if I do say so myself. Hey so Mom you said that you think aunt Denise might have grown up in Barstow? Whats her maiden name? And I havent burnt my shirt yet, Im slacking. (In the Anchorage Alaska mission, the elders burn a shirt to mark their year long "Hump Day.")  Ill probably do it when I get my camera, and Ill be sure to get pictures of that glorious moment haha. And only some of the sugar cookies end up in crumbs, like maybe the amount of one cookie total. So dont be too afraid to send more (:  Good luck on fixing up the boat dock, hope it turns out wonderful. It sounds like the cayman house is turning out to be pretty awesome, perfect, when I get to go back in a year or whenever we go back itll be a pretty sweet vacation home(not that it wasnt before, I love that place).So anyways, and it was good to get an email from Avery and Brolin, fun stuff to find their emails when I log on. Anyways, so this weeks been average for this wonderful area I call home temporarily, and Im glad you guys had such a fun week in cayman and I hope this weeks just as wonderful and glorious as last week. And hopefully you get the dock done too. Sorry this emails not more exciting, but its about as exciting as the area haha. Hopefully we can turn it around and get it to gradually be busier and busier. Anyways, love you guys!

 Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment