Wednesday, October 21, 2009

From Eliza

Dear Family,
Sister Christensen and I are doing great. We did a lot this week. We were not able to get in with our best investigators that I was looking forward to teaching. But we will meet with them this week and hopefully they will start progressing. We were, however, able to get in with a lot of members this last week, and a few less active members, and their non-member friends. We started teaching Cameron, this less active member, and his girl friend, Faith. And we taught Candice and her non-member roommate, Rachel. Both of which we are way excited about. And Seth Gibbs, also a less active member, came to church with his non member girl friend. I was filled with joy when I was Seth walk into church. We’ve been trying to visit him and get him to church for a little while. Heavenly Father is just so good. I feel like all the little things that we are doing, that the leaders in this ward are doing, and that peoples families are doing are not wasted. There are many people, who are lost, but God knows what they need, and little by little he is bringing them back into his fold. I don’t know if Seth is ever going to come to church again. But he came, on his own. It’s so true that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. God takes the little things that we do, and makes amazing things happen. I hope that all these less active members will start to feel of God’s love and come back into His fold.
I also heard some great news about Yuki, from the College Station 1st ward, that made me happier than anything. But I’ll tell you about that later. It is a long story.
Dad, I have a question for you. We were talking about the Free Masons, and I remembered you are part of a group, and I was thinking that is the group you are a part of. Are you a Free Mason? And what do they do? And why are you a Free Mason.
Mom, you talked to me a little about my home-coming talk earlier, and when you wanted me to give it. When again do you want me to give my talk? And I don’t know what the topic is. If you want me to give my talk right when I get home, I want to know ahead of time what my topic is, so that I can be prepared.
I got my trunky papers. Those are the papers about my flight home. I fly home on Nov. 18th.
Well, I’m glad you all are doing great. Thank you so much for writing my and keeping me informed. Thanks for being so awesome.
Take care. Always, Sister Eliza Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment