Tuesday, September 29, 2009

From Moroni

Dear Family

I am doing well. I spent the last week with Elder Owen in his area. I learned a lot form Elder Owen just by the example he set. He makes everything seem simple and easy. I feel more confindent in learning the language wheras before I was having a hard time was feeling a little stressed but now I feel like everything will be ok and that I will eventually be able to speak with no problems. I am really behind on learning portuguese but I am still learning. His area is a lot smaller than my area which was nice because we did not have to walk as much. And the people are really nice. We had 4 batism planed for sunday. a girl about 18 years old and her friend and a mother her daughter but the mother and daughter did not want to get baptize that week and the girls grandmother got sick so they will be baptized in two weeks.

I am excited for conference this sunday. I never really paid close attention to the talks that were given at conference. we have a prophet, apostles, and church authories today that receive revelation from God and I did not really understand what that meant or what blessing it is to have a prophet to lead and guide us and direct the church.

The mail has stoped here so now is not a good time. Its good to that everything is going well and that your sewing bussiness is going well. Do you have a place you go to teach others to sew or do you teach at home?

Let everyone know that I love and miss them and I hope everything goes well this week.

Love Elder Moroni Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment