Wednesday, October 21, 2009

From Moroni

Dear Family


I am doing well. Transfers were today. I am in the same area but I have a new companion Elder Challis. he is from St George so his family does not live far from where you are. Elder Baker will be serving in Anapolis this transfer he arrived in the CTM at the same time I did so there will be 4 out of the 9 Americans in our group that will be working in Anapolis.
Right now I have not been teaching a whole lot of people. This area is a little tough. Its in the middle of the city where all the big stores are or downtown. But I don't know things might be a little different with Elder Challis. My companion does most of the talking I can help teach some of the lessons but I can't do a whole lot else. One thing I have trouble is in Portuguese when they ask a question they state it as a fact and I am listening for a who, what, when, where, or why so I have a hard time understanding their questions sometimes.
Sunday it rained really hard and one of the roads washed away. It was where the irrigation runs underneath the street. the water just completely washed everything away included a store.


I'm doing well and I am learning a lot. I get really nervous so I don't talk a whole lot but I am learning to talk more and I am learning how to speak portuguese but I am learning really slow. I have a hard time speaking some words correctly and I feel overwhelmed or like its impossible but I will eventually learn how to speak portuguese. I wrote some letters but I dont have any money to send them right now. I feel bad because I have not responded to any letters I have received.
The people here are really nice; one member that has helped us a lot is Andrade he was taught by the missionaries and I think that he has been a member for more than a year. He has a strong testimony. One thing I wish I'd brought with me is pictures I don't know why I did not think to bring pictures with me. Make sure you put lots of pictures in the next package you send
love elder Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment