Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From Moroni

Dear Family


How is everything going? I am doing well. The weather here is so warm I am use to it starting to cool down by now but here its warm all year round. This was my first week working with Elder Challis. He works hard and does not waist a lot of time. This week went okay we received a lot of addresses but we were not able to get into very many homes. There was this one man that we talked to on the street right outside his home he seemed like a really good man and he wanted to hear about the gospel but when we passed his house to share a message his wife did not want us in her house she said she has a religion, that she believes in the Bible and that she does not want to hear the gospel and she does not want us in her home. Yesterday we attended the church of another religion because the man agreed in we attended his church he let us into his home. It was the first time I have attended another church and the experience was a little weird. Also I had the opportunity of eating pig skin for the first time which sounds a little gross but it tasted alright but I don't know that I will eat again just because of the fact thats pig skin. I think my Portuguese is coming along well but I still have a lot of room for improvement. But I am doing well I am slowly moving forward and improving.


I hope everything goes well for everyone this week and Have a happy Halloween.
Elder Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment