Wednesday, June 27, 2012


Hey everyone!
  So this week was pretty great. It sounds like things have been kinda crazy with the fires and everything in utah. hopefully you can get a good amount for the boat, especially since dad put so much work into making it all nice and shiny and stuff.  Pretty sweet that Blake and Nancy are being trained by apostles, that would be such an awesome experience.
    We were able to do some good work this week. We went tracting alot because plans fell through due to good weather. It got into the 80s this week and everyone took off and went fishing and to picnics and things.   So during the days that had nice weather just about all of our plans fell through but it was ok because we found 4 new investigators this week!   It was awesome, so this week were going to be having a good amount of lessons with new investigators and with Kodie and Matt and some other people. We taught Kodie again, we taught him about the law of chastity, it went really well, he seems to accept and understand everything we teach him, we just need to get him to take that step of faith and get him a baptism date, hes super solid and I think he knows this is true, hopefully we can get him on date soon. We met with Matt too, it went pretty good, he told us he hasnt been doing as good on his reading so we got him to commit to do better at reading. So hopefully when we come go back to see him hell say that hes been reading more. So then we picked up 4 new investigators, it was sweet! We found a lady that speaks french, so we got an RM that speaks french and went back to see her and got a lesson set up for next week. They spoke in french the whole time so I didnt understand anything they said besides bonjour haha. So when we go back hes gonna come with us or else we might have alittle bit of trouble communicating haha. And then we found a lady that lives above her and we got alesson set up with her. Then a guy in a trailer park who said we can come back and we got a lesson set up with him, he seems pretty open for us to teach him. Then we got a guy named David who seems pretty open as well for us to come over and teach him, elder Weber and Terry found him on the exchange.
    So its been pretty good for finding this week, and my mission president just ok'ed another trip to metlakatla, so Ill probably be over there the 29th and 30th. Im pretty excited for that, this time I think I'll make sure to bring a pad to sleep on though haha. It should be good, hopefully we'll be able to actually see those people we were going to teach last time.   Then a missionary from Ketchikan just returned home, he went to Montreal Canada, he spoke french and he was the one we brought with us to see that lady. Hes awesome, hes a convert and was only a member for a little more than a year when he went on his mission. And I brought my card reader this time so I can send pictures, yay! I kept forgetting to bring it for a little bit there. The summer solstice happened and it was awesome! The sun didnt go down until like 11, I loved it so much, I love the sun. It was sweet people were out mowing their lawns at like 8:30 at night and everyone was just as active as if it was about noon, it was so nice. I got my year long fishing license! Its gonna be sweet, but I have to find a fishing pole though so I probably wont be able to go until next monday, but hopefully I catch some king salmon before I leave Ketchikan, hopefully a big one! Oh and guess what? I got approval from the president Beesley to see Burke and Andrea! Im pretty excited to be able to see them, it'll be fun. (Ashton's aunt, uncle and 3 cousins were in Ketchikan on Tuesday with a cruise ship.)
  Alright, so I was wondering if you could send someones Ipod Nano with a bunch of good uplifting music on it like we did with Braedon. We now can have Ipods with music as long as theres no internet access capabilites on it and we use only speakers to listen to it, they said preferably an Ipod Nano. So if theres an ipod nano that one of the brothers have that theyd be willing to let me use that would be wonderful. And I have that ipod speaker you guys had me take out with me so I dont need another speaker sent to me. If you could send that to me it would be awesome! Anyways, I gotta get going, but Im glad your week was good overall and I hope your week is going to be just as good if not better, love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment