Monday, June 24, 2013

Elder Roney

 Hey everyone!

This week was just ok, it could of been better, but it was ok. But that's fine, this week should be better. Happy Fathers Day last week!! I hope it was a super great day! So last week I spaced and thought I said it but it turns out I didn't. So happy late fathers day :) That world wide broadcast was so good, I hope the branch all watched it and got motivation to do more missionary work, that would be super. I liked the video of the family doing member missionary work and how it showed that member missionary work isn't as hard as everyone makes it out to be, and it showed some examples of how easy it can be. It was cool to see Ammon in that video clip towards the end, we got a dvd about working with the branch mission leader and his responsibility and Ammons in that one too, except he's speaking in spanish in like an interview kind of thing and explaining how important members are in missionary work. There was a midnight sun festival thing going on here on saturday, they had a parade and a staged bank robbery. The bank robbery was pretty fun to watch, the discovery channel camera man was supposed to be there  filming it and I think I saw him, so it might be on discovery channel sometime haha.  It was all pretty fun to have happen but we weren't able to see very many people because everyone was busy. We ended up tracting alot this week, we ended up getting some good potentials out of it though. Elder Garcia got sick yesterday, so we stayed in pretty much all day except for dinner.  

We weren't able to see A----------- this week, she hasn't been responding to texts or anything and we're not sure what's going on.  But we're going to stop by her cabin and see if we can catch her home and start teaching with her again and hopefully get her on date for baptism.
We saw I----------------- this week, we taught him a little bit more about the restoration but I dont think he quite understood everything we were saying because of the slight language barrier he has with russian being his first language. But were going to use that object lesson that Chris talked about using the cup to talk about the importance of the restoration. Except instead of breaking the cup on the ground we're going to use a paper cup and rip it up haha, so not as exciting but still should get the point across. And he isn't moving into a tent city but probably just into a tent over by their camp, which is just a couple of trailers.

It sounds like everythings been good for you guys back home, alot of weddings and baby showers and farewells. Tell Keaton congrats for me! Same with Hayden and Alyssa! Tell all the people from my mission that are gonna be there hello for me too. I'm glad that you guys got my box of winter clothes, you guys can unpack that stuff so nothing gets musty or anything like that, it's just winter stuff and a couple other things. That's awesome that you guys got all the chicken stuff set up and got the chickens haha, thats gonna be fun. Anyways, I gotta go, sorry its not the longest email or anything! I hope you guys have a wonderful week! Love you guys!

 Love Elder Ashton Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment