Monday, May 20, 2013

Elder Roney


Hey everyone!
  This week we were in anchorage until friday morning for zone conference, it went pretty well. Elder Zwick was the 70 that came to talk to us and he says hello to uncle Blake, he shook hands with all the missionaries in the mission and when I was up he recognized my name and asked if I'm related to uncle Blake and to tell him hi for him. It was a really good zone conference and a good week in anchorage. While we were down there we were working in Elder Allens old area and my old areas, it was fun to see people that I knew again.  On Wednesday we went to the temple in the morning and that was awesome.  Most of the bush missionaries went to the temple. They came in from everywhere, from Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Sterling, Homer, Bethel, Nome, Valdez, Kenai, Soldatna, Cordova. We had interviews with President Beesley while we were down there, he told us what's happening to our area even though i'ts 3 weeks before transfers. He's going to white wash Nome and he hinted towards sending me to Fairbanks for my last transfer. While we were down there we met up with the missionaries in ---------- to do a district tract with them, and I was reminded how dumb missionaries are, haha. There were 10 elders, no sisters and there was alot of jokes about farting and playing pranks on other missionaries. It was funny but a reminder of how dumb elders are haha. So when we left Nome to go to Anchorage it was becoming spring and warming up and when we got back from Anchorage it was winter again.   And it's been snowing every day since weve been back!   Weather here is all messed up and confused. Yesterday was my birthday, haha pretty uneventful but still a good day. We went to a pre graduation thing that we got invited to, there were a couple speakers and some musical numbers and hymns  (it was at the lutheran church). I didn't get my box yet, I should get it hopefully today or early sometime this week.
 It sounds like you all had a good, fun week. It's crazy that Averys so close to graduating, congrats on graduating from seminary! Anyways, sorry its a short email, but I gotta go, Love you guys!

 Love Elder Ashton Roney
 
 Ill attach some pictures of the trip down to anchorage.






No comments:

Post a Comment