Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stayed Pretty Busy


Hey everyone!

  This week was alright, we taught alot of lessons this week and stayed pretty busy. Yesterday we bought fabric to make ties out of.  A member in the meadow creek ward's teaching us all how to make ties. It'll be cool.   And now, President Beesley comes to basketball on pday, but he doesn't play.   He watches and makes sure no one's getting too competitive or intense, because it has in the past.   Especially with an elder in the mission, but he's a cool kid and has mellowed out a bunch at basketball.  We met with L------ and her husband. It was super interesting, L----- was on board and willing to learn but her husband definitely wasn't haha. We tried teaching the plan of salvation and it just wasn't working.  Anytime we brought up any point, he tried arguing it. So basically I didnt say much that lesson because bashing's the most stupid thing ever and doesn't help anyone with anything.   It was interesting, I hope our next lesson with them doesn't go that way.  Whenever it's just L------ things go pretty smooth.  We also met with Bill and taught him about the plan of salvation and it went really well. We had a lesson with Terry scheduled but she had to reschedule to this week. We didn't read with sister Hansen this week because she's super busy and doesn't have time to do anything for another week or so. But once she gets done with the crazyness at work we can start reading with her again. And we're gonna give Rebecca a week or so and then call her again. She still won't answer her phone. We had interviews with President Beesley this last week, they were really good. Towards the end he asked me where I want to go next and I said I don't know, anywhere he wants me.  And then he asked me if I want to go where they eat whale, and I said "yea, sure, that would be pretty sweet".  So I might go up north to the bush next transfer, but we'll see haha.
  Sorry I don't have much time so I'll just answer your questions real quick. So I have been to the Anchorage temple since I've been back in Chugiak.  I've been twice since i've been back up here. I dont ever speak in sacrament, I never have on my mission yet. The most i've done in sacrament was bear my testimony, haha.  So you're right to assume that I rarely do that kind of stuff. We just mainly attend the meetings and try to participate when we can. Here's my Sunday schedule: I have my first meeting starting at 7, then ward council/pec at about 7:15, then church starts at 9 and ends at noon.  Then we go and do our normal missionary thing like I would any other day. Every now and then we teach in primary or something, I've taught in primary twice during the sharing time.  It's funny how the kids answer questions.  As for my dental work, I called to set something up but they said that they don't really have any openings this transfer.  So I might try to go to this other dentist that's in the meadow creek ward and get it done by him.   So yea, i'll give you an update on that another time :) The days are getting longer for sure, the sun came up at about 9:30 or 10ish the other day, that was awesome.  And the sun sets somewhere around 5.   I don't really know because I haven't paid as much attention to the sun setting lately. But all I know is that this winter (even with the happy light) I' m way more tired than I was last winter    If I sit in a comfortable couch or seat, I have to be careful that I don't fall asleep sometimes, or else I will haha.   It'll be nice when the summers here and the suns out like all day and I don't get super tired all the time. And I would of used the card reader this week but I forgot it at the apartment, so I'll try to do better next week.
  Well I only have a minute left, so I better go. But I'm super glad that you all are doing super good this week and enjoying yourselves, except for the cold :) Sorry this emails not longer but I love you guys and hope you have an amazing week and stay super happy! Love you guys!

   Love Elder Ashton Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment