Monday, April 30, 2012

Short and Sweet!


Hey everyone!
 So Ill start by answering those questions you guys sent me.  yes, I do live super close to the cruise ship port, weve only had one come in so far but this next month there's cruise ships that stop everyday.  Oh and my comp, his name is Elder Weber, he's from Rigby Idaho. Hes a big boy, alot bigger and taller than I expected. Hes like 6 foot 4 and a big farm boy. We get along.  And yes mom, it does make me senior companion, its not too hard, I just have to make sure Im setting the best example that I can at all times. And I take the lead in teaching, planning, studies, tracting, most things we do and I drive the car.

So this week was good, I got my new comp and we were on bikes for one day and he already hated bikes here. It was pretty funny, because hills and everything that I got used to biking and walking up he has a way harder time than me. Then on Thursday we finally got a car! Yaaay, the zone leaders sent down one of their cars, they sent us their black 2011 subaru impreza. I quite enjoy driving it around instead of a bike.  But on nice sunny days when theres lots of tourists and people walking around Ive decided that we'll use the bikes, because I like riding around when its sunny (its not super sunny that often).

We found a couple more people that said we could come back to teach them. One kid we met on the street, he came up to us actually and asked us if we teach religion and if we could teach him. It was pretty sweet, 1st time that's happened on my mission to me. Then most of the people we tried to see this week weren't home or couldn't meet or were showering when we stopped by. But then we had a super less active guy ask us for a book of mormon, he lives on a tiny sailboat on the docks, so we ran it down to him and talked with him for a little bit. Then we met with this native guy who was telling us that the more he reads the book of mormon the more it goes with what his grandparents taught him growing up. So we shared the scripture out of 3 nephi 16:1-3 about Jesus going to visit the other people in the world.  Pretty sweet, he's the one that we gave the blessing to. He also told us that he started getting and feeling better right after we gave blessing to him (he called it the prayer for him) and ever since then. So definitely a testimony booster for sure.  And then the Jones family talked to me and told me yesterday that they stopped by and talked with you. Im glad you got to meet them and talk to them for a little.

 Well I better get going, but it sounds like your week was just wonderful, and I hope this week is just as good!

 Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment