Monday, March 26, 2012

Busy Week


Hey everyone!

 This week was alright, kinda crazy though. So we went up to Juneau for zone conference, we left on wednesday and got back on saturday. It was good.  Thursday was the bitter sweet day for me, we used that as our pday. That was when dad gave President (Beasley)  the call about grandpa.  As soon as he got off the phone with dad he pulled me aside and told me the news. {Ashton's Grandpa Roney passed away early Thursday morning.}  We had some training in the morning, then after lunch a bunch of us played rugby with the tongans in Juneau.   After playing rugby we went to the glacier. It was awesome, we walked out on the ocean or a big lake for a while, I'm not sure which,  and got some pictures on icebergs and on the ice as a zone.  The glacier was awesome!   And there was a waterfall close to it, it was super awesome/pretty. Then from there a few of the missionaries went back to play more rugby and the rest of us went to costco with president or ran some errands. Then later that night we all went to dinner at this place called the Booyah grill. It was pretty good I guess.  At the Booyah grill had this food challenge that some of the missionaries tried to do. You could either eat a 5 pound burrito or eat a 2 pound hamburger with 1 pound of fries in 1 hour.  It's a whopping 35 bucks and if you finish you don't have to pay. Some of the missionaries said they would pay for me if I did it, so I did haha.  I got close but didn't finish. I felt like I was gonna die after I was done haha. I ordered the hamburger.  When they brought it out it was alot bigger than I thought and it made me laugh because of how ridiculous it was.   And I definitely paid for it that night and the next day. Our actual zone conference meeting was on Friday.  We started at about 9 and we didn't get out of meetings until about 8 haha.   It was a long day of meetings for sure, but good meetings. Then we got back from zone conference on saturday afternoon, and went back to work. On the way back from zone conference we had a 2 hour delay on our flight so to apologize to us they gave everyone 2000 bonus miles for their mileage plan if they have one.   It was pretty sweet.  So Juneau was good.  And we did start teaching a new investigator last week before we left and we're teaching him again today. So it was a pretty good week overall. And Alyssa got to go to Valdez!   I've only heard good things about that place! It should be fun for her.
 
So in my zone we have 16 normal missionaries and 6 senior couple missionaries. There are no other missionaries in Ketchikan, and we cover 2 islands.  Next week we get to take a float plane over to our other island, Metlakatla, I'm excited for that. Ketchikan is a good size island, but not tons of people.  Theres only about 7,515 people here, so smaller than orem. And Ketchikan is a cruise stop during the summer, so I'll probably see a bunch of cruise ships.  I am still in a car, luckily, we have a malibu.   And Elder Satini has been out a year, hes a pretty fun guy.  As for general conference, I'll probably watch it at the church unless we get invited in by a family. That's awesome that Lanes going to Madagasgar! And same with Taylor!  (two of Ashton's friends have been called to serve in Madagasgar!)  That's so crazy.

I hope you guys had a good week.   It was pretty good here.   I'll send some pictures of zone conference and all the fun up there in Juneau. Love you guys!

Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment