Monday, November 28, 2011

Elder Roney


Hey everyone!

So Thanksgiving was good, I never thought I would ever eat that much food in my life! We had 3 full meals and almost had 4, I felt like I was going to blow up at the beginning of the third!  It was crazy, we were eating meals basically all day, from 2 to about 7:30. And they eat turkey up here, haha im sure somewhere in alaska some people eat fish instead though. Not a whole lot of exciting stuff has happened this week,  were just trying to get the work to pick up here. It snowed more this week, so we did alot of shoveling for people, I like shoveling for people, its good exercise haha. This last week when I was shoveling all my hair froze.  It was all frosty, and some of my hair was ice haha.   The bishop here is awesome, he's really into mission work.  You guys are lucky you have good weather and dont need to wear coats yet, I have to wear a coat everyday, its usually in the negatives now, last week it warmed up a little bit! It was like 9ish degrees instead of around 0 or less. It was kind of nice to have it warm up a little bit, it's supposed to get a little warmer too. The reason its been so cold is because there was arctic weather that was pushed into this area because of low pressure or something like that, so thats going away and hopefully itll get warmer.
  So thats good that BYU basketballs doing good, hopefully they can improve and get better and keep winning without Jimmer. Thats fun that Kenzies back, hopefully you get to see her today, her mission really did fly by.  Its exciting that Landons going into the MTC this week, I think he'll do good. Thats going to be fun to get that box, it sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet! I love getting mail sooo much, its super exciting to get mail now haha.  Thats a cool quote that the missionary that spoke in the ward said, two years as a missionary is worth it for families to be together for eternity. pretty cool, and true.  So we went back to give that lady back her dolphin but she said she still wants us to have it haha, she said that she has lots of them and to keep it, so we still have the dolphin statue sitting on my desk, I'll send a picture of it today.  Shes funny, we're going back to visit with her tomorrow I think. Its sad that people drink to fill their emptyness, especially in the middle of the day. Splitting wood wasnt too bad, even though it was in -15. The wood splitter that they usually use was frozen and wouldn't start so we had to split the wood with some axes they had. I already have a face mask, you don't need to send one up to me. And I do have good gloves I use, my gloves I used to ski, and another pair of work gloves I got last month. That's good that dad sent the Vitamin D. Hopefully that will help with the dark. You were right when you said Dec. 21st is the shortest day, members were saying the same thing. That's pretty funny that Alyssa had her car slide off the road too, thats a funny coincidence. We tracted into this older lady a couple days ago, she said she won't be converted and won't read the Book of Mormon, but we can visit with her anytime and play scrabble with her haha. So we might use scrabble to get her interested in learning more about our church. Were going to try to use scripture words haha. Hopefully she becomes more interested in our religion. So not a whole lot of anything super exciting happened this last week, were just trying to find more people to teach, once we find more people the work will start to pick up more, and hopefully that starts real soon. Also, today we get to go to anchorage, we're going to the mission home to play games and hang out with a bunch of missionaries. Its gonna be alot of fun. Anyways, overall this week was pretty good. I gotta go, but I love you all and I hope you have a good week!

Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment