Monday, September 5, 2011

Elder Roney

Hey,

So first off I'll answer the questions you asked at the end of the email. So the people are pretty weird here, theyre just kind of strange, and there's alot of older people too. The town is small, there's only about 5000 people that live here, and its kind of spread out too. So Homers a big area but only because its all spread out. Our schedules arent too bad, its kind of just how we schedule it for the day. Its definitely not as busy of a schedule as the MTC schedule was. We wake up at 6:30, exercise until about 7, shower, eat, and study until about 10. Then depending on the day we might have a district meeting over the phone at 10:30 or weekly planning or just what ever, then at 12 its lunch time. Then at 1 you do whatever, tract, walk around and talk to whoever you see, maybe service, visiting people or do whatever you plan and then around 6 we usually eat at a members house, then usually if we have enough time we visit a less active or investigator or dinner might end up going til about 8 and depending on where the person lives you won't schedule anything after because they live so far away and you don't have time for anything else. So thats pretty much our schedule, its pretty much whatever you plan. Then we do service at the museum here every wednesday at 10 doing whatever they need, we help people move alot, and just whatever people need help with. And its raining most days, if its not raining its cloudy, and we might have a sunny day once or twice a week. And its getting cooler too. I havent seen the northern lights yet. And I havent really seen too much wildlife, Ive seen a few moose, a baby black bear, some otters, some squirrels, and some bald eagles. I havent seen anything beyond that though. The cool weather's ok, I'm not hating the cooler weather but it could be a little bit warmer. It's been in the 50s and low 60s everyday. Ill make sure to buy another pair of service jeans and warmer socks and everything I need before I need them. There was that earth quake on the islands, I didnt feel that one, but there's little earth quakes everyday here and I've only felt one, it was shaking my bed a little bit and woke me up. I'm actually going up into Anchorage tomorrow, it was something about the zone leader conferences, I'm not really sure though. But I'll get to go through the temple for my first time. But mainly we only travel for transfers because it's a 5 hour drive up to Anchorage. Elder Butler's a pretty cool kid. They did change the training program up here. I'm in the first wave of trainees to be trained in it. Basically we do companion study for about 2 hours throughout the day instead of 1. And they have us study certain things each week, and we do a few other things, we do teach lessons at the very beginning too. We've only done team teaching though. Oh and we do our companion prayers at around 10.

But that's good that youve been catching the raccoons, {We're setting traps for raccoons that keep eating our cat food.} Its funny that you guys caught sneakers. {Sneakers is our cat, who is very curious} Its about time the raccoons went away. I also taught gospel principals yesterday, so I guess it was a teaching day for everyone! I have to go now. But we're able to do emails again on Wednesday, so I'll finish answering this one and dads email as well, and I'll have pictures. I forgot to grab my camera case that has everything. Also, if you could send me a blanket that would be great. I don't want to use the old one that elder Butlers last companion used. You should send that lion face one if you can or just any of them. But I'll give the full update on Wednesday. Love you all! bye!
Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment