Tuesday, November 10, 2009

From Eliza

Dear Mom,
I’m doing really well, actually. I’m excited to come home. But I’ve done really well this last week at staying focused on the work. This last week was so good. We met with a lot of active and less active members. We’ve been sharing the first vision with all the members and giving them the challenge to share the first vision with someone else. Elaine Wood, who got baptized last May, took the challenge. She was thinking of sharing the message with the brother, who is in jail, but then the Lord gave her a different opportunity to share it. The very next day after we met with her she was walking her dog in the park and met a girl, named Sky. They got talking and she shared the first vision with her and she was really interested. Elaine said that She started baring her testimony and all these words started coming out that she didn’t intend to say, and all these scripture verses started coming to her mind that she didn’t know she had. It’s true, that promise in the Doctrine and Covenants, that if we are prepared and open our mouths, God will give us what to say. It was an amazing experience for her. She called us and she was so excited. The next day she went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead, and she had been praying about going on a mission, and she said she got a strong feeling that she needs to go on a mission. We, Sister Lieber, Sister Christensen, and I, knew the Lord had great plans for her. Her conversion story is pretty amazing. We are way excited for her to go on a mission. It’s amazing how the Lord really does have a plan for each of His children, and when the time is right, He will guide us to know what we need to do, or give us what we need.
A lot of other good things happened this week, but that is the most exciting. And although this week was good and we taught a lot of people on campus, we didn’t find any new investigators. We are really trying to find new people to teach right now, because all of our investigators dropped us. We are determined to find someone this next week. This next week is going to go by so fast. I’m not looking forward to packing. I’m still not quite sure how early I should start packing. I want to make sure I have time to get everything done that I need to before I leave.
Well, I’m glad you all are doing well. Isaiah, I’m so proud of you for doing so well with cross country. I can’t wait to see all of you. And don’t worry mom, I’ll make sure to make your home chaotic again. lol. Always, Sister Eliza Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment