Monday, April 22, 2013

4/22


Hey everyone!
 
  Happy 18th Birthday Avery!!! You're now an adult, that's some pretty exciting stuff right there.  I hope it was everything you wished for and dreamed it would be.
  Things have been pretty good up here in Nome, we get our transfer call this saturday so well know whats happening. We're pretty positive that Elder Allens leaving and we think that I might be getting transferred too, but we'll see what happens. The weather's been amazing this week! It's been so warm and sunny and all the roads are mostly clear of ice and snow.  There are so many people that walk around and do things outside now, it's awesome. Spring's actually finally here! Yesterday some people spotted a polar bear and two cubs a few miles out of town.  The natives say that this is the time of the year that you see polar bears come around if they do. It's pretty crazy, maybe if I stay another transfer I'll be able to see a polar bear, haha. I got to see a herd of muskox this week too, I'll attach some pictures of them. It was cool to see them, we could only get so close though because the people we were with told us that if you get too close they might charge you and tromp you. So we took those words of advice and didn't get very close, haha. We drove out one of the roads that they just recently plowed, in some places the snow was three times as high as I am tall, it's crazy the amount of snow some places get.
  This week we met with A-------- again a couple times, the first time we went over there we were only there for maybe 5 minutes because she was leaving to go to court haha, but it was for something dumb. She got in trouble for selling some of her smoked salmon.  I guess that's illegal to do up here, she didn't know that you couldn't do that either haha. We went over a few days later and found out that it went well, they only gave her a $100 fine. When we were over there the second time we taught her about the restoration/book of mormon and gave her a copy. She said that she's gonna read it and pray about it. It was really good that we were able to teach her about the book of mormon because she told us that until we came over and taught her about it she thought that it replaced the bible, not go along side the bible.  So I was happy that we were able to clear that up, and I think she was too. Shes an awesome lady and a solid investigator too.
  I------------- doing good, he came to church yesterday and we were able to teach him a couple more times this week. We taught him about baptism and we taught him about how things get difficult before something good happens. The next lesson were going to be teaching him is the law of chastity haha.  We just learned yesterday that his girl friend is now moving in with him.   So hopefully that (lesson) goes well, cross your fingers.
  It sounds like you all had a pretty good week, it sounds like Averys birthday was good. That's awesome that you guys got his paperwork finished the night before his 18th birthday haha. Hopefully his board of review will go well.  I'm sure he'll pass with flying colors. Pretty exciting that he's getting his partiarchal blessing too, I love reading mine. That's pretty sweet that Braedons graduating this week!   Fun stuff
  Thanks for sending me stamps and my backpack! I'll probably get the letter with the stamps in the mail today.

 I gotta go. Love you guys!

 Love Elder Ashton Roney

Ill attach some pictures too, one of the muskox, one of me in front of the wall of snow, and one of me on the ocean ice last week(on one of the packed snowmachine trails though)




No comments:

Post a Comment