Monday, March 11, 2013

deliciouso


Hey everyone! 

  This weeks been good, I had to give a talk on sunday.  Even in front of just 20 or less people I found that I still really don't like giving them, haha. It was good though. I did it on being converted, hopefully it was good. We got the news that we're flying down to Anchorage on wednesday at noon for zone conference on friday.  And then a week from tomorrow is transfer meeting, so I might find out if I'm staying or leaving sometime today or tomorrow. Hopefully the iditarod comes in before wednesday.  We heard that the musher in the lead just passed Koyuk so there's a chance that we'll be able to see the winner come in. It's gonna stink if we leave just before they come in. The town's getting crazy the past day or so with all the people that have come in for iditarod.  
We helped a guy  move his shop.  He owns a native shop with ivory and all sorts of cool, legit stuff that natives from the villages sell him.   We go in there just about every week to look around and stuff.  His sister or cousin or ? is a potential investigator, so we try to see if we can catch her there.  After helping him he gave us some pretty cool small ivory carvings for helping him move. It was pretty awesome. There was a snow sculpting contest yesterday.  It was pretty cool to see some of the things people carved, there was a lazy boy in front of a tv, there was a giant pineapple, a muskox, the red bird on angry birds and a few other things, it was cool. I had a terrifying experience at the senior center this week ha.  We were playing bingo with some older folks and I was the one who was calling the numbers. Well, this one old lady from the village of wales got a bingo and she was asking what she would win.  We told her that her prize was that she gets to play again, haha, because they hadn't bought any more candy since the last time we played bingo.  But then after a minute she tried tickling me, but I ignored her and didn't acknowledge her at all and then she said; "Do I get to tickle you?" and then tried tickling me again.   It was probably the most terrifying thing that's happened to me all week, haha. Next time I'm sitting on the other side of the table. Oh and I finally got a picture in front of the welcome to nome sign, it's a giant gold pan. (They mine gold in Nome) I got the package you guys sent me, thank you so much! the thermals were definitely a big help, we had some crazy wind storms and blizzards this week that were pretty cold. 
  This week we saw I---------- a few times, we had some good lessons with him. For one of the lessons we were planning on reading through Moroni 7, but he accidentally started in chapter 1 and when we told him that he was in the wrong chapter he made the decision to just read all of Moroni haha.  So we read all 10 chapters of the book of Moroni with him and he loved it, it was awesome. 
  So about the reindeer in the back of the truck, (A picture he sent with last week's email), well that's some dudes pet.  He drives around town with it in the back of his truck.  So it pretty much thinks it's a dog and it'll lean its head to let you pet it haha.  At first you think it's like trying to keep you away or kill you or something because it's antlers poke you but it's just trying to get you to pet it when it does that. (Only in Alaska)
  I'm glad you all had a good week, it sounds like some crazy stuff happened this week. It would of been pretty interesting to be Brolin and see that dude in the sweats hanging out in our backyard early in the morning, and Avery declined the Mr.Orem nomination haha, gotta do what you gotta do I guess :),(Avery's been fighting some stomach problems for about two weeks - legit excuse)

Well I gotta go, love you guys! Hope you all have a wonderful week!

 Love Elder Ashton Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment