Monday, November 26, 2012

gobble, gobble


Hey everyone!

  This week was good, not the busiest week but a good week. Thanksgiving was good, we had 3 dinner appointments all throughout the day. My stomach felt like it was gonna pop haha, im glad it was only 3 though, another set of missionaries in my district had 6 dinner appointments. We saw the northern lights again a few nights ago, the northern lights are always pretty cool to see. These ones werent that bright but they were still cool to see. It was the first time Elder Sant has seen them so he was pretty stoked. 
  So Elder Sant is from New Mexico in a town pretty close to Roswell, the ufo place, but he doesnt believe the alien stuff. Hes been out 4 and a half months and he has been in one of the samoan wards his whole mission.  We seem to get along pretty well, and so far weve worked well together. Its been in the single digits this week, and in some spots around our area its been below 0, it would be super nice to have the temperatures you guys are having haha.
  They made me district leader again, in my district theres 11 missionaries including me and my companion. We have the sister missionaries, a senior couple, 3 zone leaders, a trainer and his trainee and then me and Elder Sant. A big district but a fun one. So you asked what I do as district leader, basically heres the main things I have to do, I do training every tuesday, I call each companionship on sunday night to get their weekly numbers and baptismal stewardship, and do whatever to help the other companionships in the district.  We have zone conference this week, and we get to go to the temple after zone conference as well, it should be awesome!     

  We finally got in contact with Rebecca again, she had a friend in town and her dad was back from afghanistan for a week or two so she was pretty busy. And we should be having a lesson with her today sometime. And if she does end up being handed off to YSA and being baptized into that ward(not sure if she will though) she probably will still be baptized by the same member whos in my ward right now.
 *Saw Kate, shes still doing good. We taught her about the law of chastity this week, its pretty straight forward and easy to understand so she didnt really have any questions. Weve taught her the majority of everything so far, theres only a few things left to teach. 
  *Sister Hansen, this week we read 5 more chapters in the book of mormon with her, were almost to the end of 2 nephi now. She still seems like she enjoys reading with us, hopefully sometime soon she will actually want to take the lessons. 
*Bill we weren't able to see this week, but were seeing him tonight after dinner. Should be good, its been a few weeks since weve met with him.
  And we finally were able to set up a lesson with Terry again, we havent taught her in like a month or two. And weve got a lesson with her today as well.

  Thats awesome that PJ stopped by the house and got my mug to you, hes a way solid kid. Im glad you guys got to meet him. I got the thanksgiving box and a letter from you guys, thank you! I got it at the transfer meeting, and I got a package from Bill and Luann Watson, tell them thank you for me!  And tell brother Heinz thank you for me as well, he sent me a letter. Thats awesome that Katie got her mission call to California, wow she leaves pretty soon, thats exciting! Has Jesse left the MTC yet?I need to reply to his letter but Im not sure if hes still in the MTC or left Italy yet. Im glad you guys had a great thanksgiving, sounds like you guys had plenty of people over. And Im glad everyones doing so good and had such a good week. Anyways, nothing too exciting happened this week besides the northern lights and transfers. And hopefully you guys get my sd card with pictures on it this week. Hope you guys have a wonderful week! Anyways, love you guys!

  Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment