Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day

Hows it going everyone?!
  So this week was good and went by super fast. Thats awesome that Blake got his official call to the France, Lyon mission! isnt that the same mission that he served in when he was my age? Either way thats pretty sweet and crazy exciting!   And you guys got more snow! I remember when we would get like 4 inches of snow and think its tons, now it seems like nothing for me haha. So helping out with the iditarod was good. I forgot to grab my card reader before I left but I got some pictures at it and Ill send those next week if I remember to get my card reader. So basically, what we did was load up all the food for the mushers and their dogs on to pallets for each check point of the race.   They were all native names, some were Nome, White Mountain, Skwentna, Rohn, Shaktoolik, Yakotna.   But there were probably 20 or more or so check points. It was cool, then we helped out again later in the week and loaded up more food that the cooks make at each check point.  So this was normal food that you'd buy at the grocery store.   the first day load of food we did was in big white bags, full of different meats and things for the dogs. Yuck, stinky.  We're helping out with the iditarod on wednesday again, moving some furniture into a hotel the competitors will stay in.   It'll be good though.   So the snow that we jumped into that destroyed my pants, it was tons of fun. The snow wasnt too crunchy and you just sink, it's fun.   We probably should of done it in our work clothes but it's too late now, haha. 

So, with Eric, his mom isn't ever at the lessons.  She's not too fond of our gospel but she'll let Eric be baptized since he's 18.   And his dad is deployed, so they don't live with him currently.
This week was good.   We found a couple new potential investigators that said we can come back, so that was super exciting. We gave out a book of mormon and the guy said he wants to read it and learn more.   So thats pretty sweet. I haven't had that happen very much out here so far, so it was almost a surprise, a very good surprise.   Oh, and we ended up getting a third elder on Thursday, so we're in a trio now.   His name is Elder Savainaea.  He's from Western Samoa and he's hilarious.   I think I've laughed more since Thursday that I have the last 3 months. It's so much fun, and it's good because he covered the Bear mountain ward. {A new ward Ashton's working with.}   So he's gonna be a good help as were covering both wards.  So I ate McDonalds for dinner one night and it was the first time in a while.  My stomach wasn't very happy and decided to make me pretty dang sick for a day or two, and ever since then Ive had weird red dots on my forehead.  Its funny, Elder Savainaea loves Mcdonalds haha. If he could he would eat there every day, he always gets the same thing too, the Mckinley Mack.  It's an Alaksa only burger and pretty darn good, but it made me sick.   Anyway, so Elder Savainaea is awesome.  We found out while we were eating at Mcdonalds that he played rugby professionally back in Samoa and represented Western Samoa. Haha, it's crazy, he's so much fun and so funny.   The week was good though, covering both wards is working out well.  We've been able to see some less actives and also Eric. Were seeing Paige and Pierce this week some time. We just taught Eric more about the baptismal covenant and all that good stuff.  But this week was pretty good overall. Its awesome how much better life is as you live the gospel and read the scriptures and pray daily, its amazing to see how the gospel changes lives of the people see and also my life for the better.    Definitely make sure you're all reading and praying and building your faith and testimonies, because I know it will.   I've seen it in my life and the life of other missionaries and other people I've met out here. Well, sorry its not a longer email, but I love you guys!

 Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment