Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From Elder Roney

**first letter!!*

Hey everyone!
So the MTC's good, it was kind of hard to adjust for the first few days but im pretty much adjusted for the most part. Still a little tired in the morning but its not bad. Im doing pretty good, i like it here alot. My roomates are all cool, Elder Tebbs played basketball for Snow College, hes way funny. His companion, Elder Hartlys 22, and my companion Elder Beauregards a know everything kind of kid, he said he was a mathlete and got a 5 on the ap calculus b&c test in high school or whatever that class is called. He said he googles random facts for fun, its kind of funny. Its so busy here, its always non stop back to back things we have to do.

Its kind of annoying because you have maybe 2 hours a day to study/free time. I usually have 6 hours of class a day. Gym for about an hour and a half maybe an hour, not sure, but thats my favorite part of the day, I usually run a mile then lift weights, like yesterday I ran a mile then did 60 reps of 230 on the bench press machine and 70 reps of 360 on the leg press. If I dont lift I play volley ball, thats pretty fun. Its super funny to watch people in the gym because theres sooooo many kids that are super uncoordinated and its halarious to watch. One of the elders in my district thinks he tore his acl playing basketball, he got an mri yesterday and another elder broke his collar bone.

But its alot better than people make it sound in here. I actually kind of like it in here, its not that bad, and I see someone I know in the hallway at least once a day. I got pictures with Brayden Hill and James Hulme at the fireside before they left, and I got pictures with everyone that went to OHS. Theres like 15 of us or something like that. Its pretty cool. But Im doing good, I saw the Harrisons at lunch on saturday, that was cool. My branch president knows uncle Burke, Branch President Hemmert. His wife says they were his neighbor or something like that. Also I see Alyssa alot, shes doing good I think, in my district theres 6 elders going to Alaska, then in other districts theres 3 more elders and Alyssa so theres 11 including me. In my district 6 of us are going to alaska and 4 are going to Kentucky.

But times running out, I only have a few more minutes on the email. Theres a few things I need, I need my scrubber thing for when I shower, I need some sandals, about 2 more of my gen x shirts for gym and pday and I think I left a pair or two of G's at the house I need those, maybe another pair of athletic socks and if i need anything else ill let you know. Also send more addresses and send pictures! I love you all! Love Elder Roney

No comments:

Post a Comment